Takes the guesswork out of making glass knives!
A “load*” indicating digital readout and micrometer positioners make it easy to get controlled, consistent breaks.
Uses “balanced break” method for optimum knife edges.
To achieve consistent, controlled breaks, two aspects of the breaking process must be measurably controlled: position and load. The glass position on the GKM-2 is controlled using precision micrometers. The load is controlled through the constant feedback displayed on the digital readout as the clamping handle and breaking arm are adjusted.
The GKM-2 is specifically designed to incorporate the “balanced break” method to produce optimum knife edges. Balanced breaks require equal lengths of glass on each side of the score, along with a mechanism that applies equal load to each side, resulting in a straight break. The GKM-2 also makes it possible to achieve consistent “slow breaks” desired by many users.
The rectangular shaped body of the GKM-2 is precision machined from solid metal components for long term stability and precision. It is designed to handle commercial glass strips ranging from 6 mm (1/4″) to 8 mm in thickness, with mechanical stops for producing precise 25 mm glass squares with ease. Micrometers provide precise and reproducible alignment of the 25 mm squares for diagonal breaks. The alignment is secured by a locking mechanism to maintain your desired setting.
* Mechanical engineering term meaning force or weight on a structure.
- Solid, Heavy Design
- Easily Produces Consistent, Controlled Breaks
- Digital Readout Displays Load Applied to Glass as Breaking Arm is Moved
- Produces Knives Up to 8 mm Wide
- “Balanced Break” Method for the Sharpest Knives
- Micrometer Positioners
- Built-in Mechanical Stops for Easy Positioning
- Precision Mechanism Supports “Slow-Break” Technique
…with pressure measuring load sensor and digital display. This feature enables the operator to consistently reproduce breaking pressure during the final controlled break. Includes micrometers for precision control and repeatable adjustment of final score. Uses the Balance Break Method for more accurate knives every time.
Supplied complete with the following:
- Digital display
- 2 micrometers
- Protective goggles
- Instruction manual
- Replacement scoring wheels and axle
- Glass, 1 Box 6 mm x 1” x 16” (25.4 x 406 mm) 30 pieces
- GKM Instruction video. Detailed instructions on how to make good glass knives with the RMC Glass Knife Maker. 55 minutes
- Width: 360 mm (14 inches)
- Height: 160 mm (6.3 inches)
- Depth: 170 mm (6.8 inches)
- Weight: 13.6 kg (30 pounds)
- 12-Page Brochure – Sample Prep Solutions (.pdf)
- GKM-2 3-Fold Flyer (.pdf)
- GKM-2 Glass Knife Maker (.pdf)
- GKM and GKM-2 User Guide (.pdf)