RMC headquarters was happy to welcome four service engineers from all over the world to Service in the Sun, a five day intensive training course. This course empowers engineers with the knowledge to install and service RMC products and makes them great assets in their individual organizations.
Our itinerary featured a number of lectures including:
- Best practices: packing and unpacking the PT line ultramicrotomes
- PT line ultramicrotome installation
- Basic ultramicrotomy and the functions of the ultramicrotome
- Preventative maintenance on PT line ultramicrotomes, LN Ultra, rotary microtomes, GKM2 (and older models), including description of tools, step by step process and spare parts lists
- Troubleshooting 101: common issues
- Identifying environmental and sample issues
- Identifying user-caused problems
- How to: write a field service report
- How to: price your preventative maintenance contracts
And hands on experience for:
- Trimming specimen blocks, proper knife approach, and sectioning with glass and diamond knives
- Common preventative maitenence issues and how to solve them
- Service diagrams
- Break down, set up of rotary and ultramicrotomes
Attendees also participated in discussion and Q&A sessions with our facilitators, Dr. Greg Becker, Dr. Bob Chiovetti, Len Ness, Joel Leyva, Mike Leeper and Todd Martin from RMC!
This five day course also featured catered daily lunch, a night out at one of Tucson most popular breweries and other fun, local activities and treats.
This course provides the necessary tools and knowledge to be sufficient in the field for installation, service agreements and more. Service in the Sun is offered free of charge to dealers and service engineers who have valid contracts with RMC and is appropriate for all skill levels.
If you are interested in receiving more details about the 2019 Service in the Sun course, please email Andrea at email@example.com.